Saturday, August 10, 2013

Deep V back tee

Hey guys! So I decided I needed a theme for this blog (It's Grace.) So, I shall try things. Today's try-it:
Well, I don't really have one. Sooo.... Let's do this. I was at my Gramma's for a few weeks, and we did some pretty cool stuff. (Smor'es dip, caramel corn, makin' a shirt.) Today I will share the making of the shirt.

The Inspiration: "I Wannna Make My Own Clothes."
The Project: "Deep V-Back Tee."
Alterations: Add lace to the back, forget the ribbon at the base of the V.

So, I went to the thrift store. Got a dark green shirt. (This isn't it, but it's the style.)
( http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0186/1574/products/KN015009_GR01_large.jpg?40554 )

And then I cut off the neck, taking care to go all the way around in a circle instead of just cutting through.
Then, I was supposed to cut a V in the back. So I started to. But I realized after I did the first part of the V, on one side of the shirt... I also cut through the front. I panicked. I decided I would sew it up and put some ribbon criss crossed over the seam with a bow on top. For the next side of the V, I was more cautious.

Now, that was where I was supposed to stop, according to the book. I would add a pin and be done. But no, I said, what's the point of that? I decided to add some lace to the back. So I did. The whole cut out section was now filled with black lace.

Then I had to fix the front. It went exactly as planned.

Unfortunately, I do not have pictures. But it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment